Product test architect
Sr. Procurement Engineer – Product Engineering
Eindhoven , Noord Brabant
(May 3, 2021 – Dec 31, 2021)
57 – 80 €/hr
Be part of the dynamic Procurement team and represent Procurement in Product Engineering, coordinating all Procurement activities in a wide variety of Innovation projects for internal Philips customers as well as external medical or high-tech customers, collaborating with the Philips Commodity, Engineering, Project Management, Manufacturing, and Supplier Quality teams.
You are responsible for
- Representing Procurement and coordinating all procurement activities in a wide variety of Innovative new product development projects.
- Ensuring early Procurement involvement in projects, clarifying project needs, agreeing on Procurement deliverables and creating the project procurement plan.
- Driving the project sourcing plan, matching suppliers against business needs, leading supplier selection.
- Preparing Request for Quotations and project contracts. Ensuring procurement related risks (cost, quality and availability) are controlled and mitigated.
- Drive Early Supplier Involvement and identify cost drivers to influence design decision making and achieve target costing.
- Collaborate with Supply Quality in the new supplier/component release process, including compliance and sustainability aspects.
- Support price negotiations with fact-based information and opportunities to drive short- and long-term product cost reduction improvement.
- Ensure optimized E2E Total Cost of Ownership (cost, quality, availability) in product solutions and business creation and through the full life cycle, for relevant project type and needs.
- Achieve product and value chain optimization through design-for-excellence methodologies and tools by cross-functional cooperation within the business, for relevant project type and needs.
- Support development and execution of the Procurement strategy that enables the Product Engineering roadmap.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering, or equivalent through work experience.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with leading the procurement process in Innovation and new product introduction projects.
- An outstanding teammate who is both dedicated and cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration and challenges constructively.
- Strong organization, change management, stakeholder and communication skills required.
- Experience working through technical problems with internal (design/supplier quality engineers) and external (Supplier/Contract Manufacturer) parties. Understanding and ability to challenge blue prints and specifications.
- Project management experience with the ability to think strategically in a global environment and delivers results.
- Experience in international and multidisciplinary project teams.
- Understanding of the end-to-end industrialization process.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken