Solution Architect – EMA (ZZP ONLY)
Professional qualifications BCS, TOGAF, SWEBOK or other equivalent and valid architecture certificates
Relevant professional qualifications in designing cloud-based solutions (e.g. Azure, PowerApps Portal, MS Dynamics 365, MS SharePointOnline)
• Proven record in designing and delivering end-to-end business solutions implemented across multiple components, platforms and technologies (both cloud and on-prem);
• Experience using agile software development methodologies (i.e. Kanban, Scrum and other lean techniques);
• Strong knowledge Microsoft cloud technologies (Microsoft Dynamics Portals, Microsoft SharePointOnline
• Experience in working with Azure DevOps or JIRA SDLC is desired
Role specific skills, competencies & responsibilities
• Lead the creation and review of an end-to-end domain architecture and processes to support the strategic requirements of the business. Identify the business benefits of alternative strategies.
• Ensure compliance between business strategies, enterprise architecture and technology directions, setting strategies, policies, standards and practices.
• Develop and present business cases, for high-level initiatives and approvals.
• Create and communicate multiple design views to identify and balance the concerns of all stakeholders of the domain design and to allow for both functional and non-functional requirements. Identify and evaluates alternative design options and trade-offs.
• Ensure that domain architecture decisions are justified and documented. Assess and manage associated risks.
• Ensure that platforms and components selected for delivery of a domain specific solution are integrated to achieve domain objectives.
• Provide effort / cost estimates and work breakdown structure.
• Present domain architecture to governance bodies, address resulting architectural actions and participate in the overall IT governance structures.
• Collaborates strongly with EMA architects in developing the solution, by applying the EMA architectural principles
• Partner with Platform Architects from the Strategic Platforms (I-SP) department in order to assess and optimise domain functional requirements and augment with technical requirements from the platform architecture.
• Partner with the Enterprise Architect from the CIO Office to ensure that the domain architecture fits into the broader enterprise architecture.
• Contribute to solutions testing and identify potential improvements to the domain solution, processes and to the strategic platforms according to agreed designs/requirements;
• Collaborates with Business Analysis function in identifying and preventing risks from the requirements gathering phase and all through the lifecycle of the solution
• Supports continuous knowledge transfer to team members and transparent approach in sharing risks/issues/dependencies
• Autonomous in managing activities based on priorities given by the Project Manager
• Reports outcome of testing through the JIRA SDLC tool
• Identifies potential improvements to the process and to the software products according to agreed designs/requirements;
• Experience working with key users in a fast paced and changing business environment to design and develop software that meets business need;
• Experience of the full development lifecycle of complex large scale and multi-user applications;
• Production of the relevant technical documentation, such as system designs, class designs and documentation for the support team;
• Capacity to assist the support team in training the users of the system;
• A strong technical background, specifically the delivery of complex software systems;
• Knowledge in IT Service Management and/or Risk frameworks, and/or international standards.
Language requirements: English (Dutch plus)