Max tarief: 81 euro
The client is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer for developing data-driven products that create a 10x impact for our end-users.
Think Forward! Our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We are an industry-recognized strong brand with positive recognition from customers in many countries, strong financial position, omnichannel distribution strategy and international network. If you want to work at a place where we believe that you can live by the Agile manifesto without jeopardizing the necessary continuity, compliance and QA measures, where we are committed to stable and secure products for our end-users, and where we have a getting-things done mentality, please read on!
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will help develop the data-driven products that the Wholesale Banking Advanced Analytics team builds. Within the WBAA team, we use agile, lean and design thinking methodologies to launch new initiatives within or outside of the client.
You will work in a cross-functional team which takes end-to-end ownership and responsibility and contributes in an Agile way to the full lifecycle of an application, from user research and implementation to running it in production.
Your passion is to work with the latest and greatest technologies that make working with large amounts of data easy, you’re proactive in keeping yourself up to date and trying everything out. You also enjoy laying the architectural foundations for the things you’re working on while aligning the business problem with the right technology. You combine both thinking of the future and a hands-on, right now attitude. You are able to identify on which fronts a team can grow and will help them get there. You will work in a team with highly skilled people and enjoy a creative atmosphere where trying things out is encouraged.
You already have extensive experience in Scala, OR you are in-depth familiar with other back-end programming languages like Java, Python or Golang and are interested in learning Scala as quickly as possible. Furthermore, you are also familiar with the Akka ecosystem and have experience using Akka Actors and Streams.
Your work environment
The Wholesale Banking Advanced Analytics team is a team of 115 people that has the mission to make Wholesale Banking in the client data-driven. We do this by combining UX research and engineering with data science to deliver high-value solutions and products for our organization.
Within the Wholesale Banking Advanced Analytics team we mainly use the following technologies and frameworks:
Docker / Kubernetes / Openshift
Do you recognize yourself in this profile
· Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering / AI / Computer Science.
· Strong programming skills in Scala, Java, Python or Golang. Familiarity with the Scala ecosystem is a strong plus.
· You have a learning attitude. Not only to master new technologies and programming languages, but also on the interpersonal level. You are proven to be able to ask and give feedback.
· You feel at home in a high-performing team and you make the other team members feel at home as well. You have the independence to speak up when needed.
· Demonstrable experience producing reusable code components and libraries leveraged by multiple projects
· Solid understanding of DevOps practices including Git, CI/CD, monitoring, …
· Good understanding of test automation practices.
· Strong understanding of container-based platforms and tooling including Docker. Familiarity with Kubernetes and/or OpenShift is a strong plus.
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and problem-solving skills.
· Fluent in written and spoken English (Dutch is not required).
· Passion to work with and contribute to open source technologies.