First Line Support (Junior)
The candidate will join a small team (2 technicians in total) to perform informatics support activities to our customer. The activity will be delivered on-site to the customer HQ. Nice opportunity to start working at the EU and a nice step for your career.
Main tasks (not exhaustive list):
• Participate to meetings to define the needs.
• Provide first line support to end-users using a specific IT and AV&C infrastructure (basic support for both hybrid and remote meeting).
• Coordination and administration of IT logistics and support activities (Incl. encoding in corresponding IT tools).
• Ensure business continuity for the meeting rooms through weekly health checks on installed material.
• Supervision and implementation of permanent IT inventory activities
• Supervision and implementation of local stocks management
• Liaison activities:
o Liaison with users, for meeting requests and complaints.
o Liaison with central services of DG DIGIT.
o Liaison with the services provided by DG SCIC.
o Liaison with third party suppliers and supervision of deliveries.
o Liaison with non-ICT local logistic services.
• Provide incident and problem management reporting.
Required qualifications :
• Good spoken and written knowledge of English and French (min. B2)
• At least 1 year of work experience in a similar job (traineeships counting as experience).
• Knowledge of the IT consumer market products
• Good knowledge of all round IT (hardware, Windows …)
• Knowledge in all of the MS office applications
• Knowledge in the digital conferencing/meeting facilities
• Excellent customer service skills
• Good written and oral communications skills
• Good organisational skills
• Team worker and player
• Autonomous, punctual, precise, meticulous and reliable
• Multi-tasking skills
• Solutions oriented mind
• Able to adapt to changes quickly, to quickly assimilate procedures, new work methods and protocols
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Able to work well under pressure (stress-resistant)
• Comfortable in international and multicultural working environment
• General knowledge of EU institutions
• Experience with European Commission is an asset
• Knowledge of other EU languages is a plus
• Bachelor degree (IT sector)
• Knowledge of/or experience in ITIL environment
• Work shifts of 8 hours covering the time range between 07h00 and 20h00 from Monday to Friday with some flexibility required when overtime is exceptionally needed.
• Office located in Brussels, European neighbourhood