Bas van BerkelSupervisor
Product test architect
In this role, you have the opportunity to contribute to the software development of prototypes for state-of-the-art inventions in the field of health and wellbeing. You will work with experts in the field of next-generation user interfacing technologies, distributed and cloud systems, and design thinking. As a software designer, we expect you to enable high-speed prototyping and be part of/shape the community of software development in Philips.
You are responsible for:
• Participating and shaping your development team.
• Developing matching prototypes with adequate technology choices.
• Setting up, running, and analyzing experiments.
• Staying up to date on technology trends and scientific development.
• Inspires team members to get the job done.
• Participate in the community around quick and effective prototyping in healthcare by using your experience and expertise.
You are a part of:
the ConceptWorks team, which is a sub-team of the Software Concepts department within Philips Research. In this department, we build state-of-the-art prototypes and pilots using the latest software technologies and research. Our prototypes are used in all healthcare businesses. At the end of the day, we try to touch and improve the lives of 3 billion people. The department is striving to work with a variety of subject matter experts. Our department is the maintainer and key driver of the Philips Open Source Software community. The department consists of 80+ professionals. These professionals have state-of-the-art knowledge and are specialized in the field of next-generation user interfacing, intelligent agents, distributed and decentralized systems, and software science and prototyping.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
• Demonstrable software craftsmanship and professional experience in software development
• Demonstrable hands-on experience in modern programming languages/toolkits such as React, Java, SpringBoot, Python, Node.js, ReactNative. For this position, we are looking for backend developer that has affinity with frontend technologies.
• Hands-on experience with modern CI/CD and cloud platforms (AWS).
• Natural ability to explain, communicate, influence, analyze and shape concepts to a broad audience.
• The ability to handle flexible as well as fixed requirements.
• Affinity with healthcare.
• Be part of a team that can request changes of context every week.
• Has affinity with Inner Source/Open-Source.
Nice to haves:
• Integration experience with FHIR and HL7.
• Data modeling.