Product test architect
DevOps Engineer – IGT Systems (Contract)
(May 10, 2021 – Dec 31, 2021)
DevOps Engineer – IGT Systems
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Enable your DevOps approach and the technical skills to provide communication, integration, automation, and close partnership among all the people needed to plan, develop, test, deploy, release, and maintain software for our IGT systems. Are you able to manage the system software configuration throughout the whole lifecycle? Are you pro-active and someone who can motivate change? Then we are looking for you!
You are responsible for
- Participate as the DevOps specialist in the development projects and maintenance activities to deliver the best infrastructure and automation for continuous integration, continuous (unit) testing, and releasing.
- Take ownership for activities such as setting up build and test management frameworks, managing archives in a version control system, and look after software releases.
- Capture requirements, build a design and align with the partners during the implementation of the solution.
- Investigate existing solutions and provide insights on possible improvements.
- Translate the software architecture concepts into a configuration management implementation in partnership with project architects, test- and integration managers.
- Define and implement build and test improvements that enable effective software development processes and high quality of software deliverables taking into account maintenance responsibility for released products over a range of 10+ years.
You are a part of
The Image-Guided Therapy Systems (IGT-S) development organization consists of 450 people, from which 110 people work in software development. Software is developed by teams, each focusing on a specific part of the system. The global DevOps team is responsible for the Software Development Infrastructure that includes Software Sets, Version Control, Tool validation, IT Security and frameworks for continuous integration, continuous (unit) testing, and releasing. By ways of automation, the relatively small team is able to support all IGT system projects including the entire software development community.
We offer the opportunity to play a role in the development of IGT Systems from Concept Start until End of Life and to contribute to the way our innovations improve the health of billions of people across the globe. You will work in close cooperation with various teams across Philips IGT, playing a vital role in creating and maintaining a state-of-the-art software stack. We invite you to be part of a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for personal development.
We offer the opportunity to play a role in the development of IGT Systems from Concept Start till End of Life and to contribute to the way our innovations improve the health of our customers. You will work in close cooperation with global development teams across Philips, playing a central role in creating and maintaining a state-of-the-art Software Development Infrastructure. We invite you to be part of an ambitious, innovative environment with great opportunities for personal development.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in SW Engineering, Informatics, Computer Science.
- Experience in configuration management (configuration items identification, version control, build management, release management, change management).
- Minimum of 5 years? experience in either DevOps engineering or Configuration Management.
- Experience in software development methodologies and frameworks such as Agile, Scrum, and V-model.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, Perl, and PowerShell.
- Experience with common Continuous Integration technologies. (Jenkins, TFS build, ADS)
- Experience with TDD is a plus.
- Eager to learn and work with the latest (and legacy) technologies and tools.
- Great teammate with demonstrated ability to collaborate with developers and other partners.
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
- Experience with systems and IT operations.
- A solid focus on business outcomes.
- A lean person who can motivate change and continuously seeks improvements and ways to reduce waste.
- Experience in working in a Healthcare Product development environment is an advantage.
In return, we offer you
A multidisciplinary environment where you get to work on a solution that makes the difference in the operating room, where you will not only improve your software development skills but also your knowledge within the medical domain of X-ray for cardiovascular. Most importantly of course satisfaction, your work will serve in the ER’s for a long time (at least 20 years).